What data we collect
From website visitors
- User-Agent header – Because URLs within the site sometimes change, we use redirection technology to properly point users to the new location of content they wish to see. Our site will track hits to redirected URLs in order for us to keep track of broken links and what links visitors are using to access our content. The site may process information about your browser, but does not collect and store any personally-identifying information such as an IP address. This, in theory, allows us to provide redirects based on the browser and device being used to access the website (for example, directing mobile visitors to a different link).
- Contact info – If you fill out and submit one of the forms on our website, such as our contact form, you may be required to supply certain data, such as a name and email address. We use this information to better handle your inquiries and respond to you.
- Analytics – The CCC website uses Google Tag Manager to handle analytics. Google uses first-party cookies, your anonymized IP address, and the user agent string sent by the browser in order to collect information on how visitors arrive at and use our site. Visitors are uniquely identified using two randomly generated 32-bit integers for the purpose of tracking repeat visits. Learn more about how Google Analytics uses your data.
Pages and posts on this site may embed content from third-party websites, such as maps, videos and iframes. Viewing embedded content from third-party sites allows these sites to collect information and store cookies as though you had visited their sites directly, in accordance with their own privacy policies. The CCC does not have control over these policies.
The social media sharing buttons accompanying certain blog posts are provided as linked static images rather than widgets for your convenience. They will not track you as ordinary social media share widgets might. However, clicking on these buttons, as with any other link, will redirect you to the respective social media website, at which point third parties may collect information about you pursuant to their own privacy policies.
From business members
- Contact information – Businesses who apply to join the Countryside Chamber of Commerce and/or register for one or more of our various programs (such as sponsorships and events like our Pub Crawl) may be asked to provide personal information, such as a contact name, business address, phone number, and email address. The information we collect is used to handle registration, better promote your business, and process the needs of our members. Member business contact information is made publicly available on our website through member profiles. This information can be edited when you log into your account.
- EXIF data – Photos uploaded to the site in order to submit event, job listing, special offer, and news posts may contain metadata about how and where the image was taken. Visitors to the CCC website can download any images that appear with your posts and view this data, which may contain GPS information. To maintain privacy, you may want to view and remove EXIF data associated with photos you plan to upload.
How we store this data
The CCC website handles information securely over HTTPS. The information submitted to our forms is not sold, traded, or redistributed to third parties handling other forms of data on our site, such as Google or Cloudflare. IP address, User-Agent information, and other non-personally-identifying data may be stored on the secure servers of the third parties outlined above.
See our Cookies Policy for a description of the first- and third-party cookies stored by the CCC website.
If you are a non-registered user of the CCC website, you may request a copy of the personally-identifying information we have on you. Note that if you have not explicitly provided us with information, such as through one of our online forms, we will likely not be able to fulfill your request.
Members can log into their accounts and update the information associated with them on our website at any time.