Duties And Responsibilities
Voyant Beauty is seeking a Payroll Specialist to join our growing company at our Hodgkin’s, IL location. This position is responsible for processing payroll throughout our Voyant Beauty network, including salaried & hourly, union and non-union. Have experience with processing payroll in Canada preferred.
- Experience in Ceridian Dayforce preferred MUST have payroll processing experience.
- Process payroll cycles for multiple states and local tax jurisdictions, following weekly and biweekly pay schedules.
- Audit timecard records for compliance.
- Analyzes, validate and process weekly/bi-weekly payroll.
- Works closely with Payroll Department, site HRs, in ensuring all payroll duties are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- Running pay history and hours reports for reporting and auditing.
- Upholds contract requirements, federal, state, and local regulations, and departmental Service Level Agreement.
- Review and submit garnishment orders to garnishment services team, processing in compliance with Federal, State and Local Agency wage assignments.
- Reviews and maintain data on Ceridian Dayforce relating to payroll.
- Request and distribute third-party payments and support that result from payroll deductions.
- Balances and transmits electronic payroll files.
- Problem-solving, support field staff and HR team on pay-related requests, provide superior employee service.
- Work with Ceridian Support team on updating rules and pay policy etc.
- Assist with 401k audits and benefits audits.
- Assist with File 5500, 1094/1095
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- High attention to detail with strong organizational skills
- Bachelor’s Degree with two to four years of relevant work experience
- Three years experience with multi-state payroll administration, California & Canada experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of federal wage and hour laws and payroll practices
- Experience working with an integrated payroll or human resources management system software application is required, Ceridian Dayforce experience preferred.
- Experience with payroll processing audits
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Knowledge of time and attendance systems preferred.
- Familiarity with Human Resources procedures and record-keeping practices are preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple work streams with competing priorities.
- Ability to successfully meet deadlines while planning/managing your workload.
- Team player with experience working in a collaborative work environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Human Resources
- Human Resources